Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Eat Like a Queen

“What do you eat when you’re preparing for Miss America?”
Before I learned how to cook, the prospect of a Miss America “diet” terrified me. Although I am not a picky eater, I do appreciate it when my food tastes good. 
Luckily, after living on my own in NYC, I’m a pretty creative cooker. I make sure that I have fun cooking at least two of my six meals a day. The four meals above are: chicken enchilada “pasta,” chicken primavera “pasta,” Greek yogurt with toasted oats, and a ground turkey burger with a Mediterranean salad and sweet potato chips. Below are my top five tips for adding excitement to an extremely healthy diet! 
1. Onions and garlic make boring chicken taste gourmet. 
2. Find your wild side and experiment with spices. 
3. Satisfy your carb craving with “zoodles,” vegetable noodles, and riced veggies.
4. Use vanilla protein powder as a sweetener for coffee, tea, or plain Greek yogurt. 
5. Cook five chicken breasts and put them in the freezer to add to dinners and snacks. 
If you have any fun and healthy recipes you would like to share, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment