Monday, April 25, 2011

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." ~Howard Thurman



"Don't ask yourself what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive.  And then go and do that.  Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." ~Howard Thurman.


We are passionate people. The Miss America Organization thrives on passion: the passion for others, to better ourselves as people, for our families, and the passion for our community. A main reason why I am devoted to the Miss America Outstanding Teen Organization and the Miss America Organization is I am passionate about everything the programs stand for. I am my platform. With a full time volunteer position at Children's Hospital Boston, I am living this passion daily. I am dedicated to my studies, and I am enthusiastic about my school work. I try to put all of my heart and soul, my entire self, into everything that I do. I am inspired by the virtues of the Miss America Organization. This weekend, 27 young women who share that passion with me will go for the title of Miss New Hampshire. My big sister! I can not wait to see who she is! The current Miss New Hampshire, Krystal Muccioli, has done a wonderful job this year! The Miss New Hampshire contestants all have their own amazing talents, skills, and abilities. I am so inspired by their charisma, dedication, and passion. I have had the privilege to spend a lot of time with the girls, and they are wonderful role models.
To 27 Amazing young women (you too, Krystal!!!),

I am so thankful that all of you are a part of me! Each and every one of you have taught me a different lesson: whether it be about college, boys, or friendship. Thank you for being such amazing role models, friends, and big sisters. 


To my new big sis, we're in for a fabulous year!

Can't wait for this week to begin!
Love and miracles, 
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment