Friday, April 1, 2011

Let's Make It Happen:)


Today is Day 48 of my adventure. So far it has been absolutely amazing! I was given the opportunity of a life time 48 days ago, when I was crowned "Miss New Hampshire's Outstanding Teen 2011", and I promised myself that I would make it the absolutely, positively, best year of my life! So far, each of my 48 days have been filled with Service, Scholarship, Style, and Success, and I am LOVING it!!! I started my journey running, and I have not stopped since! Every day is a new adventure. I began my year of service, with a trip to the Bow Elementary School, to chat with the students about my favorite "point" of the Miss America System, "Service".
My platform is "Little Miracles: Supporting The Children's Miracle Network." The moment I began working with it, and walked into Children's Hospital Boston, I fell in love! I fell in love with the children, the atmosphere, and the people who give so much to the children there. The first time I was able to distract a child who was sick, the first time that child forgot that he was sick, was a feeling that I can not even describe. The children are amazing! As I continued to work with my platform, it became part of me, of who I am. The children have a huge spot in my heart.
In addition to working with my platform, I've been a busy little work horse! From speaking at fashion shows, to volunteering every week, visiting Radio Disney, meeting with our US Senator, Kelly Ayotte,  planning fundraisers for the Children's Miracle Network, to volunteering at Children's Hospital Boston... I am fully embracing this life changing opportunity.
As I continue with this journey, please come along with me, by following my blog! It will be a fun adventure, I promise! :)

With warmth and love,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment