Monday, April 4, 2011

Government, Ballet, and Tea, Oh My!




What a wonderful and busy weekend! It started off with the second session of the New Hampshire Youth and Government program, which I look forward to every year. I have made SO many friends through Y and G, and I always look forward to seeing them! This year, I was excited to be elected as an Executive Councilor. Our council became a family by the end of the session. I was also ecstatic to be awarded the Raymond Burton Executive Councilor Award! One of my favorite parts about the program is the opportunity to write and pass bills. For the past two weeks, I have been busy researching bills from gambling, to the State Education Curriculum. After all of our research is finished, we run a mock government. One of my favorite bills that we passed on Saturday was a bill on Sanitation for School Lunches.

After Y and G, I scurried over to a dance competition at the Capital Center for the Arts. Go New Hampshire School of Ballet! Our team did SUCH a fabulous job. Way to go T.E.A.M.!! And thank you, Jen (my wonderful dance teacher)! The competition continued into Sunday, where our dances were fortunate enough to be ranked 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th! Also on Sunday, was the Miss New Hampshire Tea Party, and oh, what a perfectly pink party it was! I was delighted to visit with little girls from around the state, while enjoying a lovely princess perfect tea party. All of the Miss New Hampshire contestants brought their favorite dessert to share. My favorite dessert was a brownie with a mint topping! The little girls were so excited to attend a real tea party, with "Real, Live Princesses!" We had a blast as we did the Cha Cha Slide, the Cotton Eyed Joe, and the YMCA on the stage. It was also a pleasure to be able to see some of the Miss New Hampshire contestants' talents. What a lovely time with my little dance partners, and little tea party friends. :)

Love and miracles,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment