Tuesday, April 28, 2015

"Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it." -Maya Angelou

"Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it." -Maya Angelou

There are 4 days, 20 hours, 0 minutes, and 19 seconds until Miss New Hampshire!

Today, I am thankful for our safety. While areas of the country are currently experiencing unrest, I am thankful to be sleeping in a warm bed tonight. My concerns and worries of exams are minimal compared to the situations that many around the country are facing. I do believe, however, that it is our duty, as a part of our privilege of being in a safe environment, to work for justice for those who are currently experiencing unrest. Education is the best way to spread awareness of injustice.
Below are two links that provide interesting information that is relevant to issues going on today.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/04/20/upshot/missing-black-men.html?_r=0

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2015/04/27/402555819/freddie-gray-s-funeral-spurs-calls-for-calm-huge-crowd-expected

A little inspiration <3

Today, I am proud of my grandparents. Both sets of my grandparents overcame incredible odds through hard work and dedication. Nothing that is worth it is ever easy, and I am thankful for, and inspired by their hard work every day.


No comments:

Post a Comment